But now, D&D enthusiasts have a new release coming up at the end of this month – the D&D Monster Manual goes on sale this Friday the 19th of September in select stores, and for general retail sales on the 30th! As the second core rulebook for the new 5th Edition of D&D, the Monster Manual is an absolute essential purchase for any Dungeon Master looking to create their own worlds and adventures.
So how does this new D&D Monster Manual compare to its predecessors? Read on and find out!
D&D Monster Manual (5th Edition)
- Lead Designers: Mike Mearls & Jeremy Crawford
- Monster Manual Lead: Chris Perkins
- Stat Block Development: Chris Sims, Rodney Thompson, Peter Lee
- Story Development: Robert J. Schwalb, Matt Sernett, Steve Townsend, James Wyatt
- Cover Art: Raymond Swanland
- Publisher: Wizards of the Coast
- Year: 2014
- Media: Hardbound (352 pages)
- Price: $49.99 (Available for pre-order on Amazon.com for $29.97)