Looking for a home for your PhD research? Or would you like to collaborate with us?
The blending of digital and physical spaces is changing the way we approach teaching and learning.This opens up opportunities for traditional approaches to be taken apart and put back together. There are pedagogical and technological questions to be addressed.
As part of the forward looking Disruptive Media Learning Lab (DMLL) based at Coventry University (the university has recently been awarded Modern University of the year and best in Student Experience), I’m excited about these opportunities and the various topics that can be explored and experimented. Specific areas I’m interested in include:
- gameful and persuasive design (including game-based learning and gamification),
- pervasive technology and learning
- the understanding of engagement in gaming in terms of the emotions that motivate and how these would influence the way we learn
- alternate and mixed reality in teaching and learning
- seamless learning experience in a digital saturated ecosystem
DMLL is designed as a cross-University experimental unit…
View original post 102 more words